The Impact of Drugs on Family and Friends
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!
Read More | Order Now
1. Research Question(s):
How do personality and past relationships influence a man’s attraction to a traditional verses nontraditional partner?
2. Why should this question be answered? That is, what is unique or important about this question? Does it fill a gap in the literature? If so, how? Who will care? Why will they care?
Society’s values in regards to the expectation of women’s behaviors have changed. We want to know how this change in society has influenced preferences in relationships. The literature is predominantly based off of outdated values (CHECK).
3. What are the independent variables?
Independent Variables- History of past relationships and Personality.
4. What are the dependent variables?
Dependent Variable: Preference for traditional or nontraditional women.
5. What do we (based on what is in the literature) currently know about the relationship between the IVs and the DVs?
6. List 6 references (in APA format – see Purdue OWL site for help) that give relevant background knowledge for your research question (e.g., help explain what is currently know about some/all of the variables in your question; highlight what is not yet known that you intend to answer; etc.).
7. What is your hypothesis/hypotheses?
Hypothesis: We predict that type A personality will be attracted to traditional partners
We further predict that this relationship is moderated by past relationships, such that the quality of the past relationship would either reinforce or deter their attraction to a traditional or nontraditional partner.
Personality and Mate Preferences: Five Factors in Mate Selection and Marital Satisfaction.Authors:Botwin, Michael D.1Buss, David M.2Shackelford, Todd K.2http://pl8cg5fc8w.search.serialssolutions.com.ezproxy1.lib.asu.edu/directLink?&atitle=Personality+and+mate+preferences%3A+Five+factors+in+mate+selection+and+marital+satisfaction.&author=Botwin%2C+Michael+D.%3BBuss%2C+David+M.%3BShackelford%2C+Todd+K.&issn=00223506&title=Journal+of+Personality&volume=65&issue=1&date=1997-03-01&spage=107&id=doi:10.1111%2Fj.1467-6494.1997.tb00531.x&sid=ProQ_ss&genre=article
Comparisons between one’s romantic relationships: Can the past influence the present?
Hackett, Holly R.. New Mexico State University, ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, 2013. 3574485.
Romantic Preferences in Brazilian Undergraduate Students: From the Short Term to the Long Term
Appraisal and Coping in Romantic Relationship Narratives: Effects of Shyness, Gender, and Connoted Affect of Relationship Events