- How does research impact consumers and their perspectives on health care? How does it impact your own?
- Besides malpractice claims, and people living longer, what are some of the other reasons that have made health care costs rise?
- What are some of the future trends in health care? Find an article from the library that discusses this trend. Additionally, think of some trends not yet mentioned and explain your rationale for how this could benefit consumers and the health care industry.
In the below using the article (11 Combining Research Methods: Case Studies and Action Research)
- If you were replicating the study, what would you do differently, and why?
- What are the potential weaknesses in the approaches to data collection and analysis used in this case study?
- Suggest some data collection methods that would be suitable for both prospective and retrospective approaches to a case study of an individual or part of or a whole healthcare organization.
- Reflecting on Case Example 11.1, what approach to action research was adopted? (Take into consideration there may be an amalgam of approaches.)
- From the description above, identify key words and concepts that indicate action research may be a useful approach in contemporary healthcare research. Think about the words you have selected, and why.