Joint Application Development sessions will be used to receive the user’s reviews and feedback during the development of the information system. The estimated time to hold JAD sessions is three days. Only personnel who are essential to the project are needed for these meetings. Below is an outline of the schedule.
Day 1: Initiate
– Analyze the current system. From a coding standpoint, how could the paper systems they have now be combined into one information system?
– Analyze past user complaints. Find out what the users disliked about the current system in use.
Day 2: Specify
– Create a process model for the new information system by incorporating what we already learned
– Present this model to sample users and get their feedback and suggestions.
– Record feedback and suggestions to make further improvements.
Day 3: Design
– Make a physical working prototype and mock its implementation.
– Allow the users to use and review the prototype and make note of any suggestions.